SAMPLING INSTRUCTIONS FOR NITRATE ANALYSIS OF DRINKING WATER SAMPLES
· The samples should be taken as close to the source as possible. If there is a spigot in the well house, use that rather than a tap in a residence on the distribution system.
· Disconnect any garden hose or appliance that may be connected to the spigot.
· From the spigot or tap, run the water 2 to 3 minutes before taking the sample.
· Write the necessary information (time, date, location, etc.) on the label attached to the bottle (this information should match the corresponding information on the request form)
· Fill the sample container to the shoulder of the bottle
· Complete the accompanying form (Public water systems must include the system ID number, the system name, the source number, whether group A or B and the date and time of sampling if the sample is to be used for compliance purposes).
· Deliver the water sample and the analysis request form to the laboratory within 24 hours of sampling.
Please contact Twiss Analytical Labs at (360) 779-5141 if you have any questions.